Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good things come when you least expect them

Well since I have a cat now, I have to have a litter box now too. Since litter does not come easily in stores I use dirt instead. And it works just fine; it just starts to stink faster and has to be changed more often. It’s no big deal though because kids love to change the litter box for me at no cost. Because it means they get to play in the dirt and help a muzungu (white person) at the same time. So today I went to go find a good spot to dump the litter and was looking for some fresh dirt when I saw some kids playing volleyball and decided to go play with them. As I was playing the kids put new dirt in my litter box and I got to play volleyball with some secondary school students. Also the school year has officially come to an end here, the kids finished final exams yesterday. Until the end of January there is no more school. This of course means kids will be playing outside on the streets all day every day. It would normally not bother me but they love to follow muzungu’s wherever they go so just walking to the market can catch a crowd of 20 or so children. It can be super frustrating some days and other days really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment