Sunday, January 24, 2010

Things are coming together and I am so excited to be leaving in 29 days. Paperwork seems to be never ending and I have no idea what to pack. I am not sure how much access to electricity or even ATM machines I will have. I have also just gotten the e-mail to call and confirm a flight to Phili where the staging event will be occurring. Staging takes place in America where all the volunteers about to leave for a country get together to collect paperwork, meet other volunteers and peace corps staff and get ready to leave for the 27 month journey. I will be volunteering with other health organizations in expanding already exiting AIDS/HIV programs to reach more people and provide support to those living with AIDS. 3.1% of Rwandans are living with AIDS and it is expected to be a much higher percentage in rural areas.
My Address until May 2010 will be:

Sonya Alexander, PCV
PC/Rwanda
B.P. 5657
Kigali, Rwanda
AIRMAIL

I would love letters from anyone and everyone!!
Thank you all for your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment